To apply to our program you must have the following:
- Application form (completed) submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline
- An MD degree or a MSc degree or equivalent or anticipate receiving a university degree that would formally qualify you to enter our PhD program.
- Research experience in a relevant scientific area (at least 6 months)
- Contact details of two referees, at least one of them should have supervised you in a research project.
- A high level of both spoken and written English
- Applicants that do not hold an MD or MSc degree or equivalent from a European University must provide GPA scores.
We will recruit 15 candidates in this call, our application process is as follows:
The application form includes the following parts
- Part 1: Please provide your personal information
- Part 2: Please provide information regarding your education
- Part 3: Please provide information regarding research experience.
- Part 4: Please provide information for 2 referees.
- Part 5: Describe your research Interests:
Please provide information about the two PhD projects in CBD that are most interesting to you. Write a short and concise scientific reasoning why these projects are most interesting and how you would address the research questions (max. 200 words / project)
- Part 6: Additional documents:
Please provide a copy of your Diplomas / Certificates, transcript of grades, your CV and a motivation letter
The applications will be reviewed by the CBD faculty, and the most interesting applicants will be invited to Innsbruck for the interviews.
On-site interview (the visit runs for two days)
- Day one: general introduction to the program, campus, and research groups, chalk talk presentation of the master thesis, panel interview with faculty.
- Day two: meeting with research groups (match making). Successful candidates will be offered a position.
Students from EU/EEA member states are exempt from tuition fees for four years. For the first 8 semesters you only have to pay the students’ union fee (in the amount of approx. 20€/semester). After four years (8 semesters), you have to pay the tuition fee (363.36 €/semester), plus the students’ union fee.
Students who are citizens of a non-EU/EEA country can apply to be exempted from tuition fees.